Because Summer is almost here and all I want to do is dig my toes into the sand. As the owner of a nail bar, I am obsessed with keeping my hands and feet moisturized. Dry skin? No way. So imagine my excitement when I came across this exfoliating foot peel. There is something about peeling skin that excites me. Remember my face peel? Yeah…this is just like that but better because it’s not on your face.
I’ll spare you all the gross during pictures (just google baby foot peel if you really need to know) but know that I’ve done it twice and so consider myself an expert. As an expert I offer up the following guidelines on what to do/expect during the peel:
1. Schedule accordingly. The entire process takes about 12-14 days before all the skin is removed so make sure you can wear closed shoes the entire time.
2. Get a pedicure the week before you do the peel. No polish. The acids in the peel will destroy it anyway. Your feet will disgust you with their peeling so the least you can do is have trimmed toenails and cuticles.
3. Soak feet in water before putting on the booties. For some reason this accelerates the peeling.
4. Wear socks once peeling begins. Especially while you sleep. Otherwise your sheets will be filled with dead skin. Not ideal. Feet will begin to peel in 3-4 days.
5. Resist the urge to peel off skin. It will be hard but you don’t want to remove skin before it’s ready.
6. Once the peeling has subsided make sure to moisturize, moisturize, moisturize. My go to combo is a mix of the HBH Remedy oil and Aquaphor.
This treatment is best done twice a year – once in the Spring before sandal season and at the end of the Summer.
Baby Foot can be purchased for $25 at BeautySage.com or if you are local in Atlanta, come check out the service at BUFF Nail Bar and get a free manicure. Way more civilized than sloshing around your living room in plastic booties.